16.5.11

Joy Comes with the Morning

Psalm 30:5b "Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning."

God has been using the phrase "Joy Come with the Morning" in my life a lot lately - and the way He works it into my life has become quite humorous.
One night, a few weeks ago, I felt incredibly unprepared, insufficient, and lacking the financial support to get me to Greece for the mission to which I have been called this summer.  That night, some tears were shed along with a cry for the faithfulness of the Lord.  But the next morning, I was brought back to the humble reality that Christ makes all things possible, and impossible is not a word in God's dictionary.  That morning, my anxieties, fears and doubts were swept away by His faithfulness.
The day began by finding out I had an A in a class I thought I was practically failing (something to give me a bit of hope for the day), a couple of phone calls from churches and families offering a great deal of financial support for Greece (adding more proof of God's call for me to serve in Greece this summer), and blessings of encouragement from strangers and acquaintances (providing the affirmation I needed at the time and knowing God will equip me).  Indeed, joy comes with the morning!  And indeed, He remains faithful!

Not always will our weeping only last one night.  Oftentimes, our days of mourning last a while, but God remains faithful as we draw on Him for strength and hope.  You have turned for me my mourning into dancing you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness...~Psalm 30:11  So, instead of becoming cast down during our toils, we are to look to the Lord for His faithfulness.  He will remain faithful to us, 1) because He loves us unconditionally, and 2) because He cannot deny Himself (2 Timothy 2:13b)

Psalm 30:12 "...that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!"

No comments:

Post a Comment